Medical translation is one of the most specialised areas in the field of translation. Not only medical terminology is tricky and is in most cases written in Latin, but many medical documents are often handwritten and require special skills and knowledge to decipher the physician’s handwriting. Bearing this in mind we always aim to ensure that our expert translators are not only specialised in the original language of the document, but have knowledge of Latin as well.
Some of the most frequently translated medical documents are as follows:
- Medical history records (medical history summary);
- Medical reports (admission and/or discharge);
- Medical laboratory test results (with tables and highly specialised medical abbreviations);
- Vaccination certificates;
- Examination reports;
- Manufacturing and product authorisations, including import or export authorisations;
- Confidentiality agreements and consent forms
- Forms and questionnaires;
- Guidelines and medicinal product directives (national, European, international).
Most medical documents come in a complicated format (laboratory test results, for example) with tables and graphs, which must be reproduced in the translated document. Bearing this in mind, we do not only deliver linguistically correct and accurate medical translations, but also translations in the correctly reproduced format. This will facilitate the comparison with the original when you submit your certified translation for approval or authorisation. Please note that only certified medical translations will be accepted by authorities.
We translate any medical documents of any length and volume and offer 24-hour service for urgent standard documents. This does not however apply to complex medical texts, which may require extra time for translation and review. We never compromise on quality and our priority is to deliver a professional medical translation.
We can furthermore arrange for medical interpretation and transcription services. If you have a medical appointment, for example, or hold a seminar on a new medical product. Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your project and will advise you on the completion deadlines and provide you with a quote free of charge.